Gupta Ji, My Savior.

A foodie? Well yes. I’m a BIG foodie. When it comes to food; then sorry to say, but I’m a bit choosy. Sorry did I say a bit choosy? I’m a lot choosy and moody. Whatever I eat should either be my favorite or to say, I must be in a mood to eat that particular thing. That daily boring breakfast consisted of chapatti and sometimes of Kellogg's cornflakes and that being my favorite. But having Kellogg's cornflakes daily with milk has now bored me. I mentioned earlier too, I’m moody. I dressed up myself and left for shopping and decided to buy some new and exciting things for me and my tummy. I was hoping here and there in search of fresh vegetables when I saw Mr. Gupta and his basket contained five different flavor boxes of Kellogg's cornflakes. 
He saw me and said, “Hello Nisha. You look a bit tired and exhausted today. What happened?”
I replied, “Actually Guptaji I’m bored of eating the same thing as breakfast every day. Mummy is out of town for some work so I’m helpless. But today I decided to shop and make something really delicious for myself.”
Guptaji laughed and replied, “Beta, would you like to join us for a delicious breakfast tomorrow morning? You’ll surely like the experiments done by Mrs. Gupta on Kellogg's cornflakes.”
“Experiment with Kellogg's cornflakes? This sounds interesting. I would surely love to be a part of it and would love joining you all for the breakfast. Thank you Guptaji.” I replied and Guptaji left with a smile on his face.
I was excited to see the experiment done with Kellogg's cornflakes. I had even heard Mrs. Gupta being praised by the different members of the resident for her recipes and her ideas. I wanted to go their place and was happy when Guptaji invited me. 
It was 9:35 am and I got up and went to their flat. I rang the door bell and Guptaji opened the door.
He said, “Good morning and welcome beta. Come inside and sit.”
“Good morning Guptaji and thank you.” I replied and went inside.
Their flat was well furnished and looked beautiful. They were our close friends and this was the first time I came to their place as most of the times I stayed out of town due to college. 
Ritu and Rohan came running towards me and hugged me and said, “Welcome Nisha didi and we miss you so much when you’re not here.”
“Even I miss you two.” I replied and kissed them on their forehead.
Mrs. Gupta came out of her kitchen and said,”Come over to the breakfast table everyone. *Best Family Wala Nashta* is ready.”
We went over to the table and were served with a bowl of Kellogg's cornflakes with some interesting ingredients. I took my first bite and that was really yummy. I finished it all in five minutes and requested Mrs. Gupta for some more. She was happy when I asked for more. I thanked Guptaji and Mrs. Gupta for it and requested them to give me their recipes so that now I don’t get bored because of eating the same things all over again. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I MISS YOU MY SUPERHERO.

A SMILE ON HER FACE MAKES MY DAY.

MEMORIES.