ARE BEST FRIEND REALLY MEANT TO BE FOREVER?


Image Credits- Favim.
Richa cried the whole day trying to find her mistake. She messaged her best friend, Karan once again, “what’s wrong with you? Why aren’t you replying me? Have I done something? Please clear it out; I just want to know my mistake.”
The message went ignored and life moved on. She saw him online everyday and pinged him. All her messages were ignored and were of no use. He uploaded pictures and statuses, liked this, liked that and what not but didn’t reply to her messages. She was all broken and hurt.
That night she penned down her feelings in her diary. It read, 
“Best friends are meant to be forever but is it really so? Does forever really exist? Is it all not so fake? Telling I’ll be with you forever is nothing, but obeying your words is something. Was it all fun for him? Is “best friends” just a stupid tag or people really do follow it? Would he ever talk to me again? Have I really done something that he is ignoring me? Am I that bad? Don’t I deserve to smile? …………….”
and it continued and tears started making their way down her cheeks.  She cried the whole night, yet again.
Next day, a new sun came up with surprises for her. She had recently started writing stories and had participated in an anthology competition and today, it was the day when the result was to be declared. The official page of the publisher posted the picture with the names of the selected authors and finally, Richa did it. She was selected for her very first anthology and it was now the starting of a new journey to the writing world for her. She was very happy and she made her parents even happier. 
Later that day, she decided to text Karan and tell him about her selection. Karan had always encouraged her for this and was happy to know that she had started writing. She texted him, “Hey, I wanted to let you know that I have been selected for my very first anthology. Aren’t you happy like I’m?”
She waited for him to reply but he just ignored her message. He was seen online later on as well but no reply to her message was given.
She cried again that night; nights now were perfect for her. Darkness all around, silence prevailed and she cried. This continued for the next three months and she kept on texting him and all her messages were ignored. Soon her birthday arrived and to her surprise, he didn’t even wish her. She was all broken and hurt. Now she made herself strong and decided to let him go and not to disturb him anymore.
Richa deleted his contact from her phonebook, sad yet smiling. Life has to move on and it is short as well for someone to be sad and let it go.
She wrote in her diary that day,
“You took me for granted, I begged like a beggar but you just ignored me. I realized my mistake of giving so much importance to you and now I’m waiting for you to realize the mistake you did. You made me believe that the world is cruel and people are mean. No one would be with you forever and ever. You took me for granted and now I leave you with your attitude and your life. Stay happy and enjoy.”
With tears in her eyes she kept the pen down, but this time the tears were of happiness that she moved on and left the name sake friendship bond.


I was tagged by an online sister as well as a blogger, Archana Di, to take part in Five Photos Five Stories Challenge (FPFS) which is – post a picture for 5 consecutive days and attach a post to it – fiction, poem or a short write-up. It can be anything to suit your taste.
This is my fourth day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I MISS YOU MY SUPERHERO.

A SMILE ON HER FACE MAKES MY DAY.

MEMORIES.